Sunday 18 September 2011

Top reasons as to why people hate twitter

I've selected the following Reasons that various people have blogged about on how much and why they hate Twitter. These are ones I've related to and will use in arguments against Twitter lovers.


Please note that this list is a shortened one and by no means an exhaustive list of why people hate Twitter due to it being a second post and I don't want to overload my readers


Follow the leaderTwitter exhibits how so many people just latch onto the popular thing. If a TV show is trending, like spoken about above, then everyone feels the need to talk about it. Oh, Family Matters is trending? Time for me to post a tweet about how "I love Family Matters #familymatters".

Justin BieberThe presence of this kid has turned Twitter into a Bieber fan board. I don't personally hate the kid as much as everyone else, but I don't find his music entertaining, I don't find his celebrity status to make much sense, and I DO find his fans to be incredibly annoying in Twilight fashion. I try not to associate with Bieber fans for this reason, yet as much as I try to avoid them, Twitter is a place I can always run into a dozen or so with ease.

Fail Whale"Twitter is over capacity". We've all seen it. Twitter experiences problems all the time...so often that they shouldn't even use that dumbass bird up above as the mascot, they should use the fail whale. But that right there says a lot - that despite the reasons up above, Twitter is still so popular that the site can't handle it.
http://www.outonlimbs.com/2011/01/ten-reasons-i-hate-twitter.html


Twitter is the epitome of the current wave of Web 2.0 content, which can be essentially summarized as the following:
“Everybody cares what I had for lunch today.”


The whole concept of limiting Tweets to 140 characters is obnoxious. I usually don't care about what my "friends" on Facebook are doing, but I really don't care what somebody is doing if that activity can be expressed in 140 characters or fewer ...We've already lost thoughtful debate in the Western world to the insidious and intentionally controversial sound bite; we don't need a popular Web site that not only encourages sound-bite "discussions" but actually excludes all other form of communication. 



Twitter and texting are killing the English language ... But when there's more value in knowing how to shorten words to the greatest extent possible than in knowing how to skillfully string them together, that's a bad sign for a language. 


http://rcpmag.com/blogs/lee-pender/2011/03/five-reasons-i-hate-twitter.aspx


First of all, I hate Twitter because it feeds off a society with short attention spans. Apparently, we can no longer read newspapers, magazines or books — we just have time for 40-word, misspelled blurbs about someone really needing to get a smoothie.
And this thing where politicians use Twitter to avoid having to face actual questions by the media? OMG! Really annoying. And for some reason, the media falls for it and reports the ducking politicians’s Tweets as news. (I LOVE this reason, I was the only one in my POL224 class to say that technology has not improved the quality of political debate and I based my answer on Twitter and politicians reliance on it with a case study on the first ever political debate held via Twitter. I got 90/100. Lauren 1 Twitter 0)
Follow up questions? Nah. We’ll just let them tell us what they want to tell us – they don’t need to answer all those “uncomfortable” ones.


Read more: http://sloblogs.thetribunenews.com/sidetracked/2011/05/19/why-i-hate-twitter/#ixzz1YLRsy2W2

2 comments:

  1. Extremely thought provoking. I am only going to agree with one of those people though, the person who said "Twitter and texting are ruining the English language". I happen to strongly agree. Being Generation Y students and having the ability to complete the Media and Communications degree I would say we have a strong sense of knowledge when it comes to taking a step forward into the digital world and knowing when to step back out of it. However, the younger generations are now always online and, have heard from my teacher friends, that many teachers are worried that the SMS language is heavily seeping through into the minds of children. In essays they write u instead of you and my father has seen in a Maths test a student write BRB as an answer.

    Now although this is a little funny it is also worrying. The only good thing I can see if that English as a subject is compulsory in all schools so hopefully that'll keep the English language alive. That's my rant for you. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog, even if it was the second one for this week. I find that all your points are very valid, not being much of a twitter fan myself, I got a giggle out of most of them. I especially enjoyed the one about twitter and texting are killing the English language. I think I have OCD when it comes to people speaking properly, “I seen u @ da shops,” makes me shiver! And I believe this is exactly what the 140 character rule is promoting. I am joining you in the anti-twitter team.

    ReplyDelete